The Oobi theme song is the opening theme of the show. It is heard in the intro sequence and during the ending credits.
The song was composed by Jared Faber in 1999. It was performed by John Montagna, a singer and songwriter from Brooklyn.
The theme was first used for the Oobi shorts that played during commercial breaks on Noggin and Nickelodeon. It was later used for both seasons of half-hour episodes, the audio completely unchanged.
- Oobi's like me.
- Oobi's like you.
- Oobi's got a lot of big things that he's gonna do.
- Uma's his sis.
- He's big. She's small.
- Kako is his very best friend. Grampu loves them all.
- Oh, Oobi! Oobi, Oobi, Oobi, Oobi, Oobi!
- He's got a lot to see. He's got a lot to do.
- And he's always with you!
- Oobi: Oobi, you, friends! (laughs)
The intro sequence was updated for each season. Each version features clips from different episodes.
- Oobi and Kako playing with bubbles, from "Bubble Bath!"
- The kids grabbing an apple, from "Apple Picking!"
- Oobi and Kako giving a thumbs up, from "Pretend Catch!"
- Uma in the kitchen, from "Soup!"
- Oobi and Uma singing, from "Tea!"
- Kako in the kitchen, from "Soup!"
- Grampu giving the kids dinner, from "Macaroni Jewelry!"
- Oobi covered in dirt, from "Worm!"
- Oobi hiding behind a flower, from "Hide and Seek!"
- Oobi and Uma posing together, from "Pinch Pot!"
- Oobi on a swing set, from "Uma Swing!"
- Oobi and Kako in costumes, from "Showtime!"
- Oobi and Kako doing their secret handshake, from "Playdate!"
- Uma singing, from "Uma Bathroom!"
- Oobi and Uma with their boombox, from "Dance Class!"
- Kako dancing, from "Dance Class!"
- Grampu and the kids in chef hats, from "Make Pizza!"
- Oobi inside a 'get-well' card, from "Uma Sick"
- Oobi and Uma sliding, from "Uma Swing!"
- The kids outside at night, from "Camp Out!"
- Uma and Grampu at a tea party, from "Sleepover!"
- Grampu and the kids in raincoats, from "Rainy Day!"
- Oobi in the kitchen, from "Fishing!"
- Oobi at the park, from "Sign Language!"
- The family at a Chinese restaurant, from "Chopsticks!"
- Oobi and Kako knocking down a pile of oranges, from "Shopping!"
- Uma at the park, from "Frieda Friend!"
- Oobi and Uma in costumes, from "Halloween!"
- Kako playing with a rubber ball, from "Video!"
- The kids hugging Grampu, from "Superheroes!"
- Oobi and Kako in firefighters' uniforms, from "Grown-Up!"
- Oobi and Sophie, from "Baby!"
- The family at the state park, from "Nature Walk!"
- Oobi and Grampu at the pier, from "Fishing!"
- The kids and Angus on stage, from "Theater!"
Oobi - Theme Song (Season 1)
Oobi - Theme Song (Season 2)
Oobi - Theme Song (Season 1; Arabic)
Oobi - Theme Song (Season 2; Arabic)
Oobi - Theme Song (Season 1; Hebrew)
Oobi - Theme Song (Season 2; Hebrew)